Friday, September 7, 2012

About me


My name is Johanna Garcia and I am in my first semester in Bunker Hill Community College. I am a student of Associate in Arts General concentration. I was born in Bogota D.C., the capital of Colombia in South America. When I was 7, I moved to the south-west in Colombia (Valle del Cauca) a place where sugar cane and sugar are the most important products.

Since I was a little girl, I was thrilled about other cultures and languages, that is why after I graduated from High School I went to Quindio University in the coffeee region of Colombia and studied Modern languages. Afterwards, I became a modern language teacher and taught in preschool for a year and then in a college during 3 years. As a language teacher, I always wanted to come to The U.S.A., improve my English skills, go to college and study a second career. So Here I am, this is one of my biggest achievements.

Five years from now, I want to become a business woman and work for the goverment back in Colombia. Why? Having a degree in education and another in business will give me the skills to work hard for the improvement of Colombia education system and since education is the first step to success ,  I will be able to contribute to my Country development.



1 comment:

  1. Johanna,

    Great post! You have excellent writing skills. I also like the pictures that you've chosen to add to your blog. Great style.

    You have a very interesting background. I, myself, taught ESOL for a short time in Italy. It was very fun.

    You have excellent and admirable goals. I look forward to reading more about your unique perspective on the topics we cover.

    I hope to keep this class interesting for everyone.

    Keep up the great work!


    GR: 100

    ReplyDelete